Friday, December 3, 2010

Upcoming projects

I can't wait for my vintage patterns to arrive, but I'd still like to take all this energy to sew and put it into something while I'm waiting. So today I headed to Joann (yes, that one) and picked up Vogue 1027 (awesome that Vogue patterns are on sale for $3.99 right now) and some delicious feeling rayon spandex in dove grey and a beautiful emerald green. I was inspired by Rachel at Boo Dogg and Me who is also preggers and used this pattern to make a comfy yet beautiful dress for herself. This dress will probably be a challenge for me since I don't own a serger and have NEVER sewn a knit in my life, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Any tips for sewing knits on a regular sewing machine?

And just for the heck of it, a shot of the belly. (Excuse the mess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment