Thursday, September 9, 2010

where HAVE i been??

I guess at this point I should just go ahead and come out with it-

I am not doing Self-Stitched September after all. I just couldn't manage to get enough things made. Such a bummer because I was so stoked about it, but I just haven't had the time/energy to work on too much.

Man, oh, man. I need to have a specified day to update this blog. Let's see.....the green plaid shirt dress was the last thing I was working on.

It still isn't finished.
Attempting to match up all those stripes was basically killing my will to sew anything ever again. I had to walk away from my machine for a good while. I'll get to it eventually, but this time I'm declaring it a designated house dress and will refuse to care about the matching of stripes any longer.

Right now, I'm working on one last sun dress of the year which shouldn't take too long to finish if I could ever find the time to sit down and do it. Between keeping the house, cooking the meals, and homeschooling the kids I feel like I'm doing good just to still be standing. The dress in progress is New Look 6457 view D.

I've been hoping to get the bodice finished the last couple of days, but just haven't had the time to work on it. Ideally I'd like to get it all finished tomorrow and wear it this weekend. The print of the fabric is pretty summer-y in my opinion, so even if I tossed a cardigan over it, I'm not sure that it would work for fall.

Be on the look-out for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment